Everyone looks forward to a beach vacation. It’s when they can kick back and relax without a care in the world. While some people want to stay as busy as possible, going non-stop the entire time, we’re more about being low key and taking the easier, slower route. Let’s face it – don’t we rush about enough in our day-to-day lives? Aren’t we supposed to do things differently when we break away for vacation? That would be the “vaca” part – as in vacate your normal mode of operation.
- Free Summer Concerts – Every Sunday night through Sept. 6 there are Free Concerts from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Holden Beach Pavilion on Jordan Boulevard, Holden Beach. Bring a chair and your dancing shoes! Music ranges from jazz to rock & roll and beach music to oldies.
- March of the Turtles – Holden Beach is a popular sea turtle habitat. During the hatching season from May to October you can watch as hundreds of small sea turtles “boil out” of the sand and march into the ocean during the night. Read more about this Turtle Watch program.
- Learn to Surf – You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to surf at the Carolina School of Surf, 118 Ocean Blvd East, Holden Beach. They specialize in kid’s surf camps, private surfing lessons and group surfing lessons.
- Golf – Lockwood Folly is our local course located at 19 Clubhouse Drive in Holden Beach. This links style course winds its way around salt marshes, creeks, forests, fields and the community. This course gets named “Best Golf Course in Brunswick County” time and time again.
- Fishing Charters – Go out on a fishing charter boat and enjoy recreational cruises, family fun fishing charters, Gulf Stream fishing, and ¼ day, ½ day and full day fishing with Catch22 Fishing Charters.
- Ice Cream & Mini Golf – You can’t go on vacation and not enjoy at least one game of miniature golf. Fantasy Isle Ice Cream and Mini Golf provides everything you need for a fun memory-making outing for the family. Located at 3354 Holden Beach Rd. SW, Holden Beach.
- Explore by Kayak or Bike – Beach Fun Rentals has several kayak models to choose from to explore the local flat waters and surf the ocean wave. Singles and tandems available. Daily and weekly bicycle rentals include children’s bikes, adult beach cruisers, tandems, and three wheelers.
- Jet Ski Rentals – Experience a power packed ride while zooming across the water – something your kids won’t ever forget! Skis can hold up to three people so it’s an excellent choice for a family outing. WaveRunner Jet Skis are available to rent from Holden Beach Watersports at the Holden Beach Marina, 3238 Pompano St. SW, Holden Beach.
When you’re making your plans for a Holden Beach visit be sure to print this list out. Bring it with you and you’ll have leads on fun-filled events that just might make this your best vacation ever!