So you’ve found the perfect property in Holden Beach North Carolina but you’re not sure if you have what you need to buy it? Determining whether you’re ready to buy a house can be a daunting task but we’re here to help!
Following are 5 indicators that will tell whether you’re ready to take the plunge on that home you love in Holden Beach North Carolina. When you’re ready to go look inside, give us a call at Brunswickland Realty and we’ll take you there.
1. You are familiar with the market. If you have a realistic view of how much a house will cost you both up front and to live there then you’re in good shape.
2. You have the money for a down payment. Freddie Mac says the percentage will be determined by the type of mortgage you select. The required amount of a down payment is determined by your credit rating, your income and the appraised property value.
3. Know how much you can afford. Your monthly mortgage payment should be less than or equal to a percentage of your income, usually about a quarter of your gross monthly income.
4. Fully understand what additional expenses will come with owning a home. This includes homeowners insurance, utility bills, and maintenance costs such as roofing, plumbing, heating and cooling.
5. Have good credit and make sure your credit report is accurate. You should get a report from each of the three credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
When you’re ready to make the plunge on that Holden Beach North Carolina property give us a call at Brunswickland Realty and we’ll be happy to walk with you through the purchase process.